Nothing is worse than having a table of people all sitting there in a very awkward silence.
Perhaps you ran out of chit-chat. Maybe you don’t have anything in common with your family members. Or perhaps you all keep on defaulting to hot button issues like politics, religion or who should have really won Dancing with the Stars.
Regardless of the reasons, sometime you just need a little help getting the conversation started. And good way? Make a box of questions for you and your friends and families to address while passing the time. How?
First you can put in some basics like:
• What was your favorite Thanksgiving?
• What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?
• What is your earliest Thanksgiving memory
• What are you thankful for?
Then add in some Thanksgiving trivia like:
• Is Thanksgiving celebrated only in the United States? True or False?
• The first big department store to do a Thanksgiving parade was?
• What is the name of the famous rock credited to where the pilgrims first landed?
• What president was the first to establish Thanksgiving as a legal national holiday to be celebrated on the 4th Thursday of every November?
You can get more trivia questions to ask right here.
Print or write down all the questions on pieces of paper, put them in a basket or a pretty box and there you have it, instant Thanksgiving fun!