Did you forget that tonight was the Grammy Awards? Me too! But it’s not too late to throw a party together. Seriously, there’s still time. Here’s what I’m going to do.
Keep reading to find out when the Grammy Awards start, and five things you can do to throw together a quick party for 2 or 20…
The 53rd Annual GRAMMY Awards will take place tonight… Sunday, February 13th 2011 on CBS at 8pm ET/PT!
Here are five quick things you can do to celebrate….
1. Decorate your house in black and gold. Gold and black are the traditional Grammy colors, so run to the store (grocery store, drug store, whatever) and grab all things black and gold… balloons, streamers, plastic plates & utensils. Whatever. It’s easy to look like you super prepared with uniform colors…I’m not sure why this works, but it always does.
2. Grab some easy food. Okay so while you’re at the grocery store, purchase some quick, already-prepared, easy-to-serve-and-eat food. Any grocery store will have this. Chicken salad, egg rolls..any store has tons of frozen-to-thaw or ready-made hors d’oeuvres, & desserts…or make your party a pot-luck and invite guest to bring a dish or beverage. That works too.
3. Incorporate music! Download sheet music and pin it up around the house. (You can find Grammy nominee sheet music right here). And make a soundtrack with this year’s nominees (you can find them here). Then, play a ‘Grammy Awards Game’!… Play a few seconds of a song and have your guests try to guess the artist and title. Fun.
4. Have a contest to see who can pick the winners. Print out this nominee list from Grammy dot com (or you can download a pdf here for easier printing) and vote for your choice of winners. The one with the most correct, gets a prize!
5. Serve Thin Mints. ‘Tis the season. And everyone loves them. (And there are always Girl Scouts selling them outside of stores right now. Grab them at the store when you get the black and gold stuff (see #1).
I’ll be doing the same…and watching to report on the best outfits and where to get them for super cheap.