HALO SleepSack GiveawayHandmade Charlotte
Though the official SIDS Prevention Month of October may have passed, the leading cause of death in infants between one month and one year of age still looms large. As a mother who lost a child to SIDS, any amount of awareness that could prevent others from experiencing the devasting loss of a child to SIDS seems very much worthwhile.
HALO, founded by a father who lost his daughter to SIDS, is offering Family Style readers a chance to win a HALO SleepSack. The HALO SleepSack wearable blankets are the #1 choice of hospitals in the U.S., used in more than 400 hospitals nationwide.
Click through for information on how to enter the giveaway and for HALO’s Safe Sleep Checklist!
HALO Safe Sleep Tips
- Place a baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snuggly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggest using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface (adult beds, sofas, chairs, water beds, quilts, etc.).
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
To enter the giveaway, comment on this post and tell us your favorite style SleepSack from the HALO website. Leave your comment now, the giveaway ends Friday, November 26th at midnight EST!
Check out other articles by Rachel here!
MORE ON BABBLE