Did you know the average American will have eaten 1,500 PB&J sandwiches before graduating high school? I know I did!
I absolutely love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. It’s my favorite comfort food, my favorite energy food and my favorite treat. When Uncrustables came out, I thought it was one the most brilliant products ever made. The glory of the PB&J minus the crust – heavenly!
The irony about my eternal love for PB&J is neither one of my kids will eat it. Can you believe it? They both eat peanut butter, but they won’t touch jelly. The good news is more for me.
As an adult, I tend to eat them for breakfast instead of lunch. It gives me energy, something to look forward to every morning and I don’t feel hungry right away. In fact, I think I’m going to make one right now…
Here’s a little PB&J fun:
– If you love to bake, why not give this delicious Peanut Butter & Jelly Cake Recipe a try
– You’ve probably seen them in magazines for years and now you can make them like a pro, Peanut Butter & Jelly Heart Sandwiches
– Need a recipe for Flourless Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies? Check out this one from Joy the Baker.
– For mommies & daddies: Which wine should you pair with a PB&J? Check out this blog post about 7 surprising wine pairings for classic kid’s foods.
– The dynamic & delicious Smucker’s & Jif duo bring you an interactive website where you can find activity ideas, recipes, promotions and much more
And now for the eye candy portion of my blog post:
By the way, what’s the absolute BEST way to make a PB&J sandwich?