That’s right, I’m talkin’ to you! Most women (and quite a few men), are self-proclaimed shoeaholics, and there is really nothing wrong with this, I mean Marilyn Monroe once said, “Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world.” Although she would most certainly be correct in that statement, most of us have a tendency of purchasing too many shoes that end up sitting in our closets lonely and unworn.
During Blissdom Canada 2010, I had the pleasure of meeting the Cocktail Deeva, a woman who’s charm and wit are as potent as her cocktails. She’s written an award-winning book and has appeared in ELLE , CNN, Glam and Canadian Family. This Deeva may be the queen of cocktails, but she’s also an active participant in the #bekind, a kindness revolution sweeping the blogosphere.
Just last week with the help of Marci a.k.a. @Suzieswapper, Dee founded Heeling Hunger, a shoe swap for shoe lovers. For a minimum fee of $9, you can participate in the group, swap your shoes, get a beautiful pair in return and at the same time help to feed local food bank!
- Head over to HEELING Hunger’s Facebook page or website to get news and view all the shoes that are currently available.
- Then, upload photos of your pre-loved shoes onto the FB page. Men’s and women’s shoes and boots are accepted, but please let’s leave out the Birkenstocks and Crocs!
- For each pair donated, HEELING Hunger asks for a minimum $9.00 donation that can be paid through their website.
- If you find a pair already listed on their FB page that you love, you call ‘Stampeys’, or simply write a request in the comment box and request dibs. If not, keep checking back as new ones are added every day!
- Once you pick your shoes, the girls will help you to coordinate shipping arrangements. The avg cost to ship domestically is aprox. $9/box.
Now you can really have your cake, err, shoes and wear them too!
Also check out: