What would you say to a ride on toy your children will absolutely love and it’s actually easy on the eyes? Meet the Wheely Bug! This is the award-winning, heirloom-quality, wooden bug with total mom appeal. Why? Because when your kiddos aren’t riding around on it, you won’t be tempted to hide it in the closet. It’s like a piece of ride on nursery decor!
I purchased the large Wheely Bug (cow) in October of 2008. It was a gift for my youngest son’s first birthday. While he was too small to ride it at the time, my oldest son went bonkers for it. A few months later, both boys were zipping through the house on it with the finesse of a NASCAR driver.
See more cute critters after the jump…
We still have that Wheely Bug today and he is in perfect working condition. I’m not exaggerating. We’ve purchased tons of products for our kids over the years and this toy is seriously the best item of them all. If that isn’t a great testament to a superior toy, I’m not sure what is! In fact, I was so impressed with it, I actually wrote an ode about Wheely Bugs on my blog, MommyQ. (Yes, I’m a big nerd.)
Here are a few reasons why you’ll love the Wheely Bug and why it is one of the best toddler gifts on the planet:
- Unique concept will increase gross motor skills
- Plywood base is made from plantation timber and has smooth rounded contours
- Bright, soft and friendly, an instant attraction to young girls and boys alike
- Tough covering, resistant to the inevitable “little accidents”, easy to clean
- Constructed with only the highest quality components
- Multidirectional castors, no more getting stuck against obstacles
- Certified tested and exceeds Toy Safety Standards
- Intended for use on smooth floors, ideal for indoors
- Spring mounted “feelers” have an internal limiter cord that prevents spring kinking