Swap Those Tired Halloween Costumes at thredUP!ElinaMamaista
After appearing on The Today Show this morning for a fun Halloween family fashion show, I know how much work it takes to put together a cool Halloween costume. Whether you’re doing it from scratch or buying store-bought, Halloween adds up to serious eco-trouble since you and your kids will probably never wear that costume again. Enter thredUP’s Halloween Costume Swap. Now you can exchange your costume for someone else’s spooky creation throughout the month of October.
Find out how it works after the jump and enter to win an amazing giveaway!
thredUP lets parents exchange boxes of outgrown kids clothing online. Just pack a box, swap a box, and get your new box of clothes. With Halloween here, thredUp has decided to take the swapping system to the costumes, since no one wants to wear the same costume twice.
Here’s how it works:
- Create a box of outgrown kids clothes & list it on thredUP.com. Include a Halloween Costume & flag it as a “specialty box.”
- When someone picks your box, send it free of charge (they even schedule home pick-up with the USPS!)
- To find a costume for your child, browse boxes of kids clothes marked as “Halloween Boxes” pick one you’d like to receive. Pay only $5 + shipping get the box sent to your home!
>>GIVEAWAY! And here’s the best part, thredUp is generously offering one winner a starter package as a special prize. Just comment here which old costume you’d like to exchange and you could win!
- 1) A full box (typically 15+ items) of pre-loved kids clothes
- 2) A thredUP PRO membership, guaranteeing VIP community access: first dibs on the best boxes, custom recommendations, access to premium brands’ discounts & giveaways & more!