The Top 5 Things on Etsy That You Really Need To Start Out The Year.Laura Mayes
We’re barely five days into this shiny new 2011, and we can already tell that these five things will really help you get started right. Seriously. Not expensive. And now’s the time to press refresh and invest in surrounding yourself with simple, happy things. Trust me. You won’t be disappointed.
Keep reading to find out what you’ll need. (Of course you want to know.)
1. A Pretty Calendar. I want to go to Paris this year, so I’m ordering this one or this one for constant desktop inspiration. You may (and probably do) want something entirely different. Etsy has many options. But get one. It really is a lovely way to mark the days and months. And you’ll find that not to be as trite as it may currently sound.
2. A New Mug. Or a glass. Or something that is appropriate for what you drink all day, and something that is actually yours. Something like a flying hamster. Face it, life is seriously too short to spend time drinking out of a can, a bottle, or a paper cup. And you are too permanently awesome to drink from something disposable.
3. A Ring That You Love. This ring doesn’t have to be a big deal..it can cost less than $10. Or not. And it will make you happy every time you look at it…and you probably look at your hands a lot (whether you mean to or not) (think of the cost-per-happy there! Millipennies!) Or, if you want it, make it symbolize something. And then you’ll think of that whenever you look at it. It also could just symbolize that you bought yourself a cute ring that you love for less than $10. That’s enough, really.
4. Something to write stuff in. This could be a journal...or if a journal is too oh-my-gosh-I-don’t-want-to-write-down-my-feeeeelings for you, then come stand next to me. I get that. And write other things. Whatever. You still need something to write down things on. Things like lists. So get it all out of your head and into something pretty. You will feel 18 times better. At least.
5. Flowers. Or whatever represents flowers to you. (And by flowers, I mean something to make your space/life pretty.) To me, flowers represent flowers, so I’m going with that. Someone I know keeps a vase filled with little flowers from her yard in her bathroom where she brushes her teeth…and that makes her happy. So do that. With whatever you like in whatever spot you like. You know what I’m talking about. If you want something more permanent, buy something permanent (like a photo or painting) of your “flowers” and keep that somewhere you’ll see it a lot. The point is, remind yourself to be happy. You won’t regret it.