Throwing a Dinner Party? Whip up These 5-Minute DIY Linen NapkinsJacinda
Today I’m going to show you an incredibly easy tutorial for how to make napkins in just five minutes. I had a dinner party I was throwing with some friends and wanted to make something special for the table, so I came up with these. Ready to get your DIY on?
- linen fabric in the color of your choosing (Note: you”ll need 1 yard of fabric for every 2 napkins, depending on how many you want to make.)
- thread to match the fabric
- sewing machine
- Start out by cutting your pre-washed fabric into 18×18 inch boxes. That is a standard dinner napkin size.
- Fold the edges over about 1/4 to 1/2 inch and iron down. You can do mitered corners if you’d like.
- Zigzag stitch down the folded edge and you’re done! Easy, huh?
Jacinda Boneau is a fabric designer and founding co-editor at Pretty Prudent, the premier design and lifestyle blog providing inspiration and instruction to help anyone create beautiful things, food, and experiences for their friends and family.