Khali of Little. Lovely. designed this hug armband for her husband as a permanent hug from her little one, and we think it’s just about the cutest way to use your child’s hand prints.
Continue reading for a step-by-step tutorial:
- Paint for your little one’s hands
- Paper, both plain and patterned
- Double-sided tape and scissors
1. Cover your child’s hand in paint.
2. Stamp hand prints onto a plain piece of paper. Allow to dry.
3. Assist your child in cutting out their hand prints.
4. Cut a long strip of colored paper the same width as your child’s palm.
5. Use cellotape to attach the handprints to the strip of colored paper.
6. Attach a piece of double-sided tape to the underside of one hand.
7. Give someone a special hug by securing the band around their arm.
Find more craft ideas in our Valentine’s Day Craft Series:
- You’ll love these Valentine Lollipop Flowers.
- This candy wreath is easy enough for kids and pretty enough to display.
- How clever are these Conversation Marble Magnets?
- Valentine’s Day ornaments made from homemade clay.
- Sweetheart Sandwiches = yum!
- The sweetest Valentine’s Day Card that even a baby can help with!
- Easy, mess-free Valentines for toddlers. Yes, they exist.
- Pop-up Valentine’s Day Cards: A classic.
- Valentine’s Day Photobooth Bookmarks are an adorable gift idea!