Helen of Curly Birds came up with an adorable Valentine’s Day idea of spreading these Valentine hearts around the house — on pillows, in lunch bags, hidden in shoes and next to their favorite toys. Just as a little reminder of your love.
Continue reading for a simple step-by-step tutorial on how to make these Valentine’s Day hearts:
- Embroidery floss
- Fiberfill (stuffing)
1. Cut out a heart shape. (If you plan on making a lot of hearts, make a simple paper heart pattern and pin it to the felt.)
2. Using one strand of embroidery floss, sew the heart with a blanket stitch or running stitch. Remember to leave an opening big enough to stuff.
3. Stuff the heart, being careful not to overfill.
4. Sew up the opening.
5. Repeat for multiple hearts, and then place them around the house for your little ones to find.
Check out more crafts in our Valentine’s Day Craft Series:
- A creative way to use those fancy cupcake liners
- The cutest way to use your child’s handprints
- This candy wreath is easy enough for kids and pretty enough for moms
- Super clever Conversation Marble Magnets
- Valentine’s Day ornaments made from homemade clay
- The perfect lunch-time craft for Valentine’s Day
- An adorable Valentine’s Day card idea — even for babies
- Easy, mess-free Valentines for toddlers
- The classic pop-up Valentines Day card
- You’ll LOVE these Valentine Lollipop Flowers
- The cutest Valentine’s Day gift idea