Considering this winter weather is keeping so many of us captive, we’re continuing our Valentine’s Day Craft series to keep the little ones busy and provide some festive ideas for the upcoming holiday.
Now up: A pop-up Valentine’s Day card, perfect for mom, grandma or that cute boy in class.
You will need:
- Red and white card stock
- Markers or crayons
- Construction paper, any color
1. Fold the white card stock and the red card stock in half widthwise, so that the short sides meet.
2. Cut a large heart from the red card stock. Lay the red heart in front of you and fold the outside edges in to meet in the corner.
3. Open the folded white card stock and match up the center line of the red heart and the white card. Glue the folded edges of the heart to the white card. Let dry.
4. Lift gently on the center line of the red heart while carefully closing the white card. Decorate the front of the card. Let dry.
5. Decorate the inside of the card with markers or crayons. Let dry.
Check out the other crafts in our Valentine’s Day Craft Series:
- Make the most adorable Valentine’s Day cards ever
- A mess-free toddler Valentine craft
- An easy, cute Valentine’s Day ornament
- Sweetheart Sandwiches: easy, yummy and healthy
- A Valentine’s Day gift idea: photobooth bookmarks