We especially love this craft idea from Suzonne Stirling of Urban Comfort, as it’s easy enough for kids to help, yet elegant enough to display.
Continue reading for a step-by-step tutorial:
- A salad plate or large lid to make a circle
- Thin, sturdy cardboard (such as from package backing, gift box, etc.)
- Sweetheart candies
- Quick-setting gel glue (Suzonne used Beacon 3-n-1 Adhesive)
- Seam binding or other ribbon, for hanging
1. Place your plate or lid facedown onto cardboard and trace it with a pencil. Cut out the interior of the circle, along the traced line, and then cut around the outer edge so that you have a ring that’s 1/4-inch wide. You can either do this freehand or by tracing a larger plate.
2. Start by arranging the candies face down along the inner edge of the cardboard ring, with the top edge of the candies resting along the middle of the cardboard ring and the pointed ends facing the center of the wreath.
3. Arrange more candies along the outer edge of the cardboard ring, with the top edges of the candies meeting the edges of the first row of candies and the pointed ends facing outward.
4. If you can, leave a small gap to hang the ribbon. Then glue the candies in place with the quick-setting glue. The easiest way to do this is to apply a dot of glue to the cardboard ring, put the candy in place, and then attach the next one.
5. When the two bottom rows of candy have all been attached, glue another row of candy on top, covering the seam where the bottom rows of candies meet. Point the ends facing outward.
6. Hang with seam binding or other ribbon. Embellish as you desire.
Find more craft ideas at Suzonne’s inspirational blog Urban Comfort.
Check out more ideas in our Valentine’s Day Craft Series:
- Kids will love these Valentine Lollipop Flowers
- How clever are these Conversation Marble Magnets?
- Valentine’s Day ornaments made from homemade clay
- Sweetheart sandwiches: healthy and delicious
- The sweetest Valentine’s Day Card that even the littlest baby can help make
- Pop-up Valentine’s Day Cards: You can’t go wrong with a classic
- Valentine’s Day photobooth bookmark: Another adorable idea from Suzonne