UPDATE: We have picked our lucky winner! Congratulations to Alexis Hokanson — we are SO excited for you and your family to enjoy Crafting Community’s incredible weekend retreat. A big thanks to everyone who entered this giveaway!
Imagine this: a long weekend spent at a resort hotel in sunny Palm Springs. Starting your day with yoga and ending your night with games and dancing under the stars. Connecting with your children as you imagine and create together. It sounds like a dream, doesn’t it? Lucky for you, this fantasy can easily become your family’s reality, thanks to Crafting Community!
Crafting Community is the ultimate family getaway, and it has provided unforgettable fun for the past four years. Taking place at the Ace Hotel & Swim Club in Palm Springs, this innovative retreat features workshops led by renowned designers and artisans such as Todd Oldham with Kid Made Modern, Clare Vivier and Christine Schmidt of Yellow Owl Workshop! Here, families can participate in age-specific workout classes that make exercise fun, as well as tons of relaxing activities to help you escape the chaos of city life. From Skateboard 101 lessons to underwater photography classes, Crafting Community will delight every member of the family.
If you think you and your crew would enjoy this experience (how could you not?), we have good news for you: Crafting Community wants to give one lucky family an all-inclusive ticket package for FREE!
One Babble reader and up to 3 family members will win the Crafting Community prize package (an $1,850 value!), which includes:
- A 2-night stay (standard accommodations, resort fees, and taxes)
- 2 days of art workshops (more than 20!) led by renowned artists
- 2 days of recreation activities led by professional instructors
- All food and beverages, including:
- 2 full breakfasts
- 1 full lunch
- Daily snacks
- Welcome taco dinner
- Saturday night family BBQ
- Ice cream social
- A custom Crafting Community tote filled with premium goodies
- Sunrise Yoga, complimentary bike rentals, and game night
- Unlimited pool access
- Onsite Toy Lab and Lending Library
- Storytime with Milk and Bookies
- All the fun and creativity a family can handle
Please note that this package does not cover the cost of airfare or any alcohol on site.
Finalists are also eligible to receive some fun goodies!
First runner-up: A custom Crafting Community tote filled with over 15 premium goodies with companies such as Kid Made Modern, Converse, Splendid, One Kings Lane, Honest Tea, Undefeated, Kimmel Kids, and The Juice.
3 Finalists: A custom Kid Made Modern tote bag filled with $100 of the collection’s latest holiday products – the perfect gift for creative and colorful play this holiday season. Get inspired with Kid Made Modern, available exclusively at Target!
Take a look at some of the exciting features and amenities you can expect to see at this year’s Crafting Community (October 4-6, 2013):
How do you enter?
All you have to do is answer the following question: What is your favorite craft to do with your family? Leave your response in the comment section below by Thursday, August 15. The winner will be selected at random and announced on Babble the following Friday, August 16!
When entering, remember to include your email address with your comment (there’s a section for that) so we can contact you if you win! (Bonus: When you enter for a chance to win, you’ll be added to the Crafting Community email list!)
— Caitlin Morton
Learn more about Crafting Community on:
Babble Giveaways – Terms & Conditions <<< have more questions about our giveaways? Questions answered and then some.
Here’s How to Enter:
· Simply answer this question in the comments below: What is your favorite craft to do with your family? Comment by Thursday, Aug. 15. Limit: one entry per person/day/household.
· No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Odds will depend on the number of eligible entries. See the complete general rules and eligibility requirements that apply to all Giveaways here.”
When You Should Enter by:
· This contest will run from July 15 to midnight EST Aug. 15.
How the Winner Will be Announced:
· The winner will be selected at random and announced on Babble the following Friday, Aug. 16!
· This drawing will be random.
The Scoop on the Prize:
· One ticket to this year’s Crafting Community (for a family of four). See details above!
· Total value: $1,850 for a family of four