Babble.com is seeking a Senior Manager of Design. This critical role involves managing the design team (presently 4 designers and a photo editor), delivering on the high aesthetic standards of the Babble brand, and being a driver and catalyst for implementing best practices in design and usability. The ideal candidate is a passionate student of the web and is a strong advocate for user-oriented design.
This position involves working closely with the Creative Director as well as the technology, editorial, and sales teams to coordinate multiple projects and roadmap a host of products and priorities. We need a Creative who is not only a highly competent manager, but can also demonstrate via past projects that they share Babble’s aesthetic.
- Manage Design team
- Engage with Babble’s senior leaders
- Make top-level aesthetic decisions
- Respond to inter-departmental requests efficiently
- Generate comprehensive plans for project completion
- Be an advocate for innovation, elegance and usability
- Knowledge of best online practices
- Interest in innovative technology and techniques
- Ability to deliver on a tight schedule
- Ability to integrate the priorities of our partners with our core aesthetic
- Understanding of or affinity with Babble’s audience and message
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
- 7+ years of experience in online product development
- Experience managing design process and mentoring designers
- Experience creating exceptional online products or interactive websites from wireframes to delivery
- Experience with user-testing and in implementing best UX/UI practices
- Experience with daily content-driven websites (online magazines, blog networks, etc)
- Experience with mobile technology
- Experience integrating content with social media
- Experience with video editing and delivery
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.