It’s birthday season in our house right now. Starts every year in December and goes to the end of February and in that span, all three of our kids celebrate their most favorite day of the year —
With all their birthdays within a few short months, we don’t always have a big birthday party for each of them. We have specified years where each one gets a big birthday, but on the off-years, we still want to make their special day as fun as it can be.
We like to have fun traditions we have each year — for each kid. One of the big ones we do is make the kids in charge of the menu for their birthday. They get to choose the breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner plus of course, dessert.
Check out some fun birthday traditions you should consider making a yearly fun thing for your kid’s birthday:
nggallery template=’carousel’ id=’129318′
Photo credit: adapted from iStockphoto
More on Babble:
- 12 Ecards That Accurately Describe What It’s Like to Parent
- 7 Reasons Why Kids and Winter Don’t (or Shouldn’t) Mix
- 15 Ways to Connect With Your Child When You Have 15 Minutes
- 10 Small Things That Make My Kids Really Angry
- 20 Parents Share the Creative Excuses Their Kids Give to Get Out of Going to Bed