I love my kids and I love that they are so cuddly and affectionate and don’t have any trouble telling me so in public.
The thing is, I know that will change when they get older, when it’s no longer “cool” to love your mom and tell her so (in public). I don’t really look forward to that day, but I can see how it’s a part of growing up and gaining independence for kids.
That’s not to say that I may not make it slightly more difficult for them when they do get to that stage. I am going to have fun with it and while it may be more fun for me and less for them, I bet they will look back on it when they’re older and smile.
I don’t plan to cause them any crazy harm or embarrass them so much they can’t ever show their face in public, but I may make things a little uncomfortable for them … harmlessly of course.
Check out some harmless ways you can embarrass your kids in public:
nggallery template=’carousel’ id=’129176′
Photo credit: adapted from iStockphoto
More on Babble:
- 12 Ecards That Accurately Describe What It’s Like to Parent
- 7 Reasons Why Kids and Winter Don’t (or Shouldn’t) Mix
- 15 Ways to Connect With Your Child When You Have 15 Minutes
- 10 Small Things That Make My Kids Really Angry
- 20 Parents Share the Creative Excuses Their Kids Give to Get Out of Going to Bed