That was a whirlwind of a weekend.
And a few things became very clear to me over the past few days.
Here are the top ten things I learned…
1. No matter how much I think I have prepared for Christmas, I will find myself wrapping presents at midnight on Christmas Eve.
2. I will eat too many cookies while doing the aforementioned wrapping.
3. I will run out of tape. No matter how much I buy.
4. I will toss and turn all night in anticipation for Christmas morning and will ultimately get up two hours before our kids.
5. My house will look like a hurricane passed through it and I will find wrapping paper in every corner of our house, including the baby’s diaper.
6. Despite double-checking the list of batteries required to operate all of those new toys, I will discover that I’m short two and will have to steal them out of old toys.
7. I won’t want to prepare that elaborate meal that I planned because I’ll just want to play with the kids.
8. Asking my husband to sneak out in the dark on Christmas night to stuff every recycling bin on our street with cardboard and crumbled wrapping paper is not a sane request.
9. My husband will indulge me in my insane requests.
10. None of the above will matter because I will be filled with gratitude and joy on Christmas.
Here’s some of the magic from our Christmas and if you were following our racetrack story, you can see Katie’s reaction in today’s post over on in these small moments.