15 Fabulous Ways To Spend Downtime on a CruiseLori Garcia
I know, the minute you hear the word “cruise,” you imagine yourself soaking up the sun on a lounge chair, right? While there’s certainly nothing wrong with a little well-earned relaxation, lounging around is only one of countless awesome things to do on a cruise.
If you’ve wondered even once whether cruising would leave you “bored on a boat” (as my husband so eloquently put it), fear not!
I’ve rounded up 15 absolutely fabulous things to do with downtime on your Norwegian Cruise Line cruise; read all about them after the jump!
1. Sleep: I offer this advice to the parent in all of us. You know you haven’t had a nap since heaven knows when. You’re on ocean time now, my friends. Use this time to relax, unwind, and catch up on all the elusive sleep you can never seem to get enough of at home. With your kids off having fun, you have nothing to worry about!
2. Read: Tell me, when was the last time you read something other than Goodnight Moon? Use this time to your full advantage and soak up the relaxing sound of the ocean waves as you dive into that book you’ve started and stopped at least a dozen times.
3. Get a Medi-Spa Treatment: You heard me! Norwegian Cruise Line offers a complete line of Medi-Spa treatments that include Botox, cellulite reduction treatments, Restylane Lip enhancements, and so much more!
4. Get a Massage Treatment: From stone therapy, to bamboo massage, to couples massage, the Mandara Spa offers everything you need to melt the stress away!
5. Get a Mani/Pedi: Norwegian Cruise Line offers their signature Fire & Ice manicures and pedicures that will warm your senses and cool your tension with therapeutic hot and cold therapy.
6. Get a Facial Treatment: Honey, these aren’t your grandma’s facials. With nine specialty facials to choose from, you’ll find just the right treatment to target your problem areas and leave you looking younger and more vibrant than ever!
7. Get a Full Body Treatment: With five different full body treatments, including exfoliation options and thermal muscle massage among others, vitality is on the spa menu!
8. Men’s Grooming: Treat him to a pampered shave and face and scalp massage at the Mandara Spa!
9. Go Shopping: Retail therapy is right at your fingertips with art galleries and duty-free shopping at Norwegian Cruise Line’s onboard boutiques.
10. Take in Award-Winning Live Entertainment: With amazing production shows, intimate lounge acts, and comedians there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
11. Go Golfing: Brush up your golf swing at the Comprehensive Onboard Golf Academy and be sure to participate in the guided golf excursions to the finest golf courses in almost every port of call!
12. Go Gaming: Norwegian Cruise Line’s Casinos at Sea boasts over 2,000 slots and nearly 200 table games including live poker. Casinos at Sea was rated the “Best Cruise Line Casino” for ten consecutive years by Casino Player magazine and recently crowned “Best Cruise Line Casino” by Porthole Magazine last year!
13. Have a Drink, or Many: Whether you fancy a lounge, a pub crawl, a sports bar, or a champagne bar, Norwegian Cruise Line offers up to a dozen different bars and lounges. Best of all, you won’t need to designate a driver!
14. Eat: Oh, Baby! Freestyle Dining offers your food, your style, your way. Whether you’re thinking specialty dining, casual fare, or buffet, it’s all available for the eating!
15. Visit the Fitness Center: With basketball courts, running tracks, treadmills, and classes in yoga, spinning, and Pilates, you’ll be looking good and feeling great!
How would you spend your downtime on a Norwegian cruise Line?
Get the latest updates from Kid Scoop Like us on Facebook!
More on Kid Scoop: