When you think about parenting — the whole scope of it — it can be quite overwhelming. I mean, we’re in charge of raising this human to be the best they can be and to live happy in our society. As parents, we agonize over the big decisions, hope our kids grow up with the morals and skills and habits that we hope we’ve instilled into them and then send them off into the world.
I don’t only want my kids to survive, but I want them to thrive and I believe that can happen best if they’re taught all they need to be the best they can be. That starts with learning a few things — that seem totally simple now, but certain habits that will set them up for the best future while making things a little less annoying for me.
Check out these 7 habits you should teach your kid now:
nggallery template=’carousel’ id=’129526′
Photo credits: FreeDigitalPhotos.net
More on Babble:
- 12 Ecards That Accurately Describe What It’s Like to Parent
- 7 Reasons Why Kids and Winter Don’t (or Shouldn’t) Mix
- 15 Ways to Connect With Your Child When You Have 15 Minutes
- 10 Small Things That Make My Kids Really Angry
- 20 Parents Share the Creative Excuses Their Kids Give to Get Out of Going to Bed