There are a lot of things that change when you become a parent. Your sleep is never really the same, your budget is usually a lot tighter, and you have this extra responsibility that you never had before.
It can be quite the adjustment, and while you may think you get used to it, there are still times (years later) that you realize you have more sacrifices to give in the name of having kids. Some of them are small ones like not being able to go out to the movies whenever you want to, and some are bigger like buying the right family car versuses that super cute car you’ve been eying on forever that you really want.
I love my kids and certainly wouldn’t change them for anything in the whole world, but there are some things I came to realize I can’t have because they’re in my life. None of them are important or huge, but there are small, simple things I never realize that would be affected now that I have kids.
Scroll through to see 8 things I can’t keep in the house because I have kids:
nggallery template=’carousel’ id=’129408′
Photo credit: adapted from iStockPhoto
More on Babble:
- 12 Ecards That Accurately Describe What It’s Like to Parent
- 7 Reasons Why Kids and Winter Don’t (or Shouldn’t) Mix
- 15 Ways to Connect With Your Child When You Have 15 Minutes
- 10 Small Things That Make My Kids Really Angry
- 20 Parents Share the Creative Excuses Their Kids Give to Get Out of Going to Bed