My kids like to watch TV. They don’t watch a lot of it, but when they do, they’ve always had their favorite TV shows. When they were younger, I would put the TV on during key times during the day when I had too many things to do. When I’m getting breakfast ready, during the dinner chaos and if they’re crazy during the day, it helps wind them down.
I am thankful that there are TV shows that can grab and hold my kids’ attention because those times where I needed it, it really helped. I find that I need to use it less often now since they’re older and have more language skills, plus they understand when I tell them they need to be quiet. Their interests are changing and maturing and their old favorite shows — the ones that would always help when needed — aren’t played in the house very often anymore at all.
My kids’ old favorite shows are great shows and my kids love them, but to be honest, I am glad they’re out of the TV show rotation. After a few years, as they have recycled episode after episode, I am just a little tired of them and happy that we’re on a break.
More on Babble
- 15 Things To Do This Summer That Will Help You Feel Like a Kid Again
- How to Improve Your Child’s Love of Reading
- 8 Tips For Teaching Your Child How to be a Good Friend
- 10 Things My Kids Say Way Too Often
- 6 Questions Every Parent Should Ask Their Child’s Dentist
- Survey Says: Having Three Kids is the Most Stressful