Kids Fitness | Fun Kids Activities | Guide to Kids FitnessMissy Chase Lapine and Larysa DiDio
Kids Fitness Activity
Bus Stop Hop
by Missy Chase Lapine and Larysa DiDio
January 11, 2010
Don’t just stand there – make use of the time you have waiting for the school bus. As an added bonus, this will also keep your child warm as she waits in the winter.
What you’ll need
- Your kids!
- 1 or more
- Every Day
Cardio, Balance, Coordination, Strength, Mood Booster!
- Burn 28 calories for every 15 minutes of waiting time.
- Act out the lyrics to “The Wheels on the Bus,” with littler kids. Older kids can use the curb as a balance beam, pausing to do calf-raises on either end.
- Littler kids can act out more active songs like “Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes” and “Simon Says.” Time your older kids to see how many times they can jump in 30 seconds.
- As always, if you’re near a street, keep a close eye on your kids.
Excerpted from the book Sneaky Fitness: Fun, Foolproof Ways to Slip Fitness into Your Child’s Everyday Life by Missy Chase Lapine and Larysa DiDio. Excerpted by arrangement with Running Press, a member of the Perseus Books Group. Copyright © 2009.
More Activities From Sneaky Fitness.
12 Ways to Find Work Out Time: How to balance a fitness routine and a baby.
Easy, Healthy Oatmeal Recipe – and more healthy recipes for kids on Nibblers.
- Winter Activities for Kids: How to entertain when the playground is frozen.