If I Gave You $100 and the Day Off, What Would You Do?Casey Mullins
Of all the things I’m horrible at in life, hypotheticals top the list of things I am not good at. I’ve learned recently that this is a really horrible thing to be bad at when married to an attorney. He could ask me hypotheticals all day long about a hundred different things and I rarely, if ever give him a straight answer.
“Would you rather jump out of a plane or off of a cliff into the ocean?”
“Am I strapped to someone? How cold is the ocean? How hard would it be to swim to shore? What would I be jumping out over?”
“IT DOESN’T MATTER, JUST ANSWER WHICH ONE!”
If you’re anything like me then you’ll know that those things DO matter. If I’m going to be jumping of a cliff in the Arctic Ocean? No thank you. If I’m jumping out of a plane into the ocean? Also, no thank you.
I recently thought up a hypothetical for my mom friends. Every answer was different, but I learned right away that moms need some serious specifics when it came to making their decision. (My kind of ladies.)
If I gave you $100 and the day off from your kids and/or work, how would you spend it? The moms needed more specifics so I came up with these details:
- Your house would be clean.
- Your work would be done.
- Your kids would be cared for by a very responsible individual for 24 hours away from your home. You wouldn’t have any parental responsibilities or fallout from grumpy, whiny children when your regular duties resumed.
- You may take anyone you’d like with you.
- The $100 has to be spent that day and cannot be spent on bills (boring.)
There’s the guidelines, can you think of more specifics? If so, you’re my kind of people.
Here’s my day…
- Sleep in.
- Head to my hair girl and get a blowout. ($30)
- Go window shopping at the mall with my best friends.
- Get my makeup done while at the mall.
- Probably buy a new nail polish or lip gloss. ($10)
- Lunch with friends. ($15)
- Go out to dinner and a movie with my husband. ($45)
The only thing that could make a day like that better would be a nap around mid afternoon.
What would your day be like?
Photo Credit: Lotus Carroll