Last few times I felt judged:
1. When I wear leggings and a sweatshirt at school drop-off and a corporate-chic mom gives me the up-and-down look like I’m laid off, but I’m really going home to work on a new project and was on a photo shoot set for 12 hours the previous day. Can my kid really attend this school if I don’t have a job? Don’t look at me.
2. When I hand over a box of fruit snacks at the checkout and explain the box is open, because my son wanted a pack while we shopped around and a mom rolls her eyes at me. (I saw that.) Pick your battles, people. What’s easier? Giving your kid a pack of fruit snacks or having him beg for the pack while you try to shop? Go for the buffet. Trust me.
3. When I take my kid into the liquor store with me to buy wine and some woman looks at me like I’m crazy because JD knows to ask for the sticker bowl. Her kids are probably at home or at dance class.
Last few times I admittedly judged:
1. When I looked over and saw a mom smoking a cigarette in the car. Her toddler was in the back seat.
2. When there were legit wet boogers running down a baby’s face and the mom wasn’t wiping them. I know you might not have access to a wipey or tissue—use your sleeve. Use my sleeve.
3. When Jenelle and her mom from Teen Mom 2 had yet another screaming match in front of little Jace. I realize this is TV, but it’s reality TV and unfortunately whether they’re doing it for ratings or purely ARE dysfunctional, Jace is being subjected to it and it’s not OK.
When was the last time you felt mom judged and when was the last time you, come on now, judged another mom?
Get the latest updates from Kid Scoop — Like us on Facebook!