Seven Important Moments That Your Teen Totally Won't Care Aboutmarinka
I hate to break it to you, but some of the things that matter so very much to us as parents, won’t matter one whit to our children. Even if we scrapbook it and Pinterest it. It’s very unfair, but the sooner we recognize it and accept it, the sooner we can get on with our lives and that elusive quest for happiness.
For your convenience, I’ve gathered seven things that your teenager will not care about. At all.
1. Whether they were born vaginally or via a C-section. As a matter of fact, studies (made up by me) show that most teenagers would prefer if their mother didn’t use the word “vaginal”. The exception to this is if your child was sprung from Zeus’ forehead. Then your teen totally wants to know.
2. Breast or Bottle. One of the nice things about teens is that they couldn’t care less how they were fed when they were babies, as long as pizza’s on tonight’s menu.
3. The time we couldn’t figure out if it was gas or a real smile. You’ll have no trouble figuring out if it’s gas or a real eye roll.
4. First tooth. Take it from me, the and then Mikey cut his first tooth won’t impress any of his friends.
5. First steps. See also, second steps, third steps and every other step thereafter.
6. Every other first you can think of, including but not limited to first bowel movement in potty, first time said “mama” or “papa”, first marriage (in kindergarten.)
7. Potty training! Save this one for the wedding. The legal kind, when your teen’s of age.Really.
What do you think? What things that are important to you won’t your kid care about?