Some Parenting Adviceboredmommy
I recently wrote a post on my personal blog, BORED Mommy entitled Some Parenting Advice from Me to You. I wrote it in a moment of frustrated reflection and the-husband-is-travelling-again fatigue. I wanted to share it here as well because I got such a positive reaction to it. If I spare you some heartache, in the process, it’s a win-win.
1. TELL YOUR KIDS YOU LOVE THEM – Don’t assume your kids know that you love them, and please don’t say that your kids “know you love them” so you don’t have to say it.
2. BE THERE FOR YOUR KIDS – Tell your kids that they can tell you anything, no matter what it is and that you’ll love them regardless.
3. BE POSITIVE – Instead of taking the negative approach, focus on the positive.
4. TRUST GOES BOTH WAYS – There comes a point where you have to trust your kids to make the right decisions give them that opportunity.
5. DON’T PLAY FAVORITES – It’s one thing to tell your kids that you love them all equally, and it’s another to show it. Don’t play favorites because one child is easier to parent than the other just don’t.
6. IT’S THEIR LIFE – Don’t live your life through your kids. Their life is their own, and at some point they will grow up and want to be their own person.
7. YOU CAN BE A MOM AND STILL HAVE A LIFE – Your own life didn’t end when you became a mom. You still have the right to live out your dreams and aspirations, and you can still do that and be a great mom.
Please note: This is an excerpt of the original post. To read the full post, please head over to my blog.