15 April Fools Pranks for KidsMari Hernandez-Tuten
Did you know that not everyone celebrates April Fools’ Day in April? If you’re traveling abroad to a Spanish speaking country you might want to hold off on your pranks until after Christmas since “dia de los tontos” doesn’t translate quite well around this time of the year in Latin American countries. In Spain this holiday is called “Dia de los Santos Inocentes” and is celebrated on December 28th. This is “The Feast of the Holy Innocents”.
Mental note to self: Don’t go around pulling pranks on your friends and yelling “Feliz dia de los tontes” in Ecuador this April or I’ll look like the tonta.
I love April Fools’ Day, even though I’m a responsible loving mom the prankster inside of me still resides and is very much alive. So I may just stick to pranking my little familia, bua, ha, ha, ha.
Here are some hilariously harmless April Fools jokes to play on your children, spouse, abuelita (or maybe you should leave grandma out of this) and friends.
1. Using face paint (not permanent markers) draw a mustache on your victim, ummm I mean your kids while they are sleeping.
2. Water Bottle Sprinkler – Take a pin and poke holes around the top of the water bottle. When they drink from it the water will come pouring out of the holes.
3. Solid Milk or Juice – Freeze your child’s drink and put a straw through it and watch them try to drink from it.
4. Stitched Shut – Stitch shut the hems of their pants and sleeves.
5. Numbing gel on the toothbrush.
6. Brown – E’s – We pulled this prank on my kids last year and they thought it was hilarious but of course since they are still little we did actually give them real brownies.
7. Healthy Cheetos – Open up a bag of Cheetos from the wrong end and fill it with carrots. Glue it back up.
8. Solid Juice – Fill a cup with jello and place a straw in it. Put it out on the table and when your kids come in thirsty from playing watch them try to drink it.
9. Glue a coin to the ground and watch people try to take it off.
10. Fake Cake- Take a balloon and square plate or cardboard and tape it. Cover it with frosting and then have someone cut the cake. Watch the excitement!
11. Green Spoiled Milk – This is fabulous especially if you have cartons that you can’t see through. Add dye to the milk and serve it up. My son did this to his little friends while they were playing house. It was hilarious to watch.
12. Salty teeth – Sprinkle salt on toothbrushes or put a little bit of food coloring in the bristles.
13. Fake Eggs- Pour vanilla yogurt in a plate and half a peach over it so it looks like sunny side up egg. It would go great with the frozen juice shared above.
14. Fake Shake – Place mashed potatoes in a cup and add gravy to it and top it with a cherry. Make sure your kids have some sort of treat afterwards so they aren’t crying.
15. Saran Wrap on toilet – This one can be messy but it’s hilarious. Raise the toilet seat and place saran wrap over the commode put the seat down and when your spouse or children wake up to use the bathroom they will find a surprise.
Join me each week on “We Are That Familia.” I am ecstatic to be sharing with you here on Babble.com on all things “Family” from parenting, recipes, crafts, inspirational (and not so inspirational) stories, and life as we know it. Checkout my merrymaking over at: Inspired by Familia , on Facebook, and on Pinterest.