It’s bound to happen. One day you’ll be invited to a black-tie event and feel like you have nothing to wear. As a plus-size woman, this always seems to be the case, doesn’t it? We feel like we don’t have many fashion options. Well, I’m here to tell you that’s not true. Surprisingly there’s a pretty good selection of plus-size evening gowns out there!
Whether you’re looking for something simple and modern or something with a bit more flair, there’s a treasure trove of pretty dresses just waiting to accentuate our lady curves. And if you’re not wanting to spend much money (who is?), Rent the Runway started carrying plus sizes. This is a great option for you to wear that designer gown without having to pay the hefty price tag.
From elegantly understated to dramatically luxe, I rounded up 20 of my favorite gowns. I warn you, you just might fall in love.
1. Carmen Marc Valvo Couture Ruffle Gown
Wow them in red! This gorgeous gown makes a statement with a dramatic ruffle.
2. Lauren Woman Scoop-Back Sequined Gown
I’ve never met a sequin I didn’t like. I’m including this dazzler with a high slit.
3. Donna Martin Ruched One-Shoulder Chiffon Gown
This gown will make you feel so elegant. The one shoulder style is classy and it comes in a ton of colors!
4. Badgley Mishka Rolling in the Glitz Gown
Who doesn’t want to be dripping in gold and sequins? This dress demands attention.
5. Adrianna Papell Three-Quarter-Sleeve Ruched Gown
This gown’s draping is stunning, and I appreciate the subtle sexy slit in the side.
6. Eloquii Through and Through Dress
Dare to show a little bit of leg with this adorable cocktail dress.
7. Adrianna Papell Beaded Illusion Gown
Elegance doesn’t even begin to describe this gorgeous gown, complete with cascading beads and sequins.
8. Tadashi Shoji Cotton Embroidered Tulle Blouson Gown
Pretty in pink! You’ll feel like a princess in this dress.
9. Betsy & Adam Lace and Chiffon Side Ruffle Gown
This gown is simply chic with a touch of dazzle. The neckline is to die for.
10. Badgley Mischka Go for It Gown
Emerald never goes out of style. Who doesn’t love jewel tones? This beauty will make them stare!
11. Adrianna Papell Scalloped Lace Gown
This navy delight is covered head to toe in lace, with a V-back and slit.
12. Kiyonna Screen Siren lace Gown
Another head-to-toe lace gown, perfect for an effortlessly sexy evening look.
13. Carmen Marc Valvo Goldify Yourself Gown
You’ll shimmer in this divine gold gown.
14. IGIGI Lakshmi Beaded Gown
Elegant and unique, this gown sparkles with gold sequins and chocolate tulle.
15. Kiyonna Wrapped in Romance Dress
This gown was made for the goddess that you are. Everyone needs a fabulous wrap dress!
16. Badgley Mishcka Noir Bow Peplum Gown
Understated and chic, this gown is divine! Add a statement necklace and cocktail ring, and you’re good to go!
17. Adrianna Papell Taffeta and Tulle Gown
This classy look paired with that incredible color will leave them speechless.
18. Alex Evenings Embellished A-Line Gown
They won’t be able to keep their eyes off you in this navy number.
19. City Chic Sweetheart Lace Gown
I find this gown to be not only a curve-hugger, but a game-changer.
20. Badgley Mischka Encore Gown
Make a glamorous entrance in this red hot gown.