Apple Pie Dip — The Flavor of Apple Pie Without the Work!Mari Hernandez-Tuten
Thanks to Betty Crocker® Fruit Flavored Snacks for sponsoring this post. Click here to see more of the discussion.
All the flavor of homemade apple pie without all the work! I love all things Fall, but most of all I love all things Fall that are food related. So when I came across a recipe for apple pie dip, I thought what a clever idea. Word of warning: make sure when you make this dip that you have copies of your recipe on hand because you will get lots of requests!
Here are two of my favorite Fall ingredients: apples and cinnamon.
The Best Apple Pie Dip Recipe
- 2 diced apples, cooked (see below for instructions)
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 3 tbsp brown sugar, or more if you want it sweeter
- 1 tsp vanilla
How to cook the apples:
Place diced apples in a small saucepan over medium heat with 2 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and cinnamon for 5 minutes until slightly softened. Let the apples cool.
1. Whip the cream cheese (it’s important that it’s at room temperature) and milk.
2. Then add the rest of the ingredients including the apples and place in fridge for 15 minutes.
Eat with graham crackers, pretzels, pita chips or apples. I made whole wheat pita chips to eat with our dip. Yum!