Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner mis amigos!
I am preparing a fun round up for you next week on, “How to Celebrate Cinco de Mayo Without Sombreros and Donkeys,” with parents and educators in mind. My hope is to get us celebrating with other fun and meaningful traditions from our culture and not just the stereotypical things. I will end with a round up on Cinco de Mayo Food and Decor!
Now back to our project. Don’t these mini tissue paper flowers make you smile? They are so lovely and festive.
These tissue paper flowers are an easy way to spice up your family meal or for a fun Cinco de Mayo gathering.
I always try to find ways to make crafts that the whole family can enjoy or at least help with since I have some wonderful little helpers in mi casa. These mini tissue paper flowers are perfect to get the family crafting since they are so simple.
So pull out your tissue paper and scissors and get ready to get your craft on! These mini tissue paper flowers are made differently from how you would make the large tissue paper flowers so pay close attention.
Mini Tissue Paper Flowers
You will need:
- tissue paper
1. You will need a long strip of tissue paper or you can even use crepe paper.
2. Fold the paper in half about 3 times or until it’s the size you want it to be.
3. Once it’s the right size square (if it’s not just trim it until it’s a square) fold it in half twice and hold it as shown above.
4. Then you will take your scissors and shape the petals. I made mine into curves or you can use shaped edged scissors.
5. Right where my finger is at, you will staple the end.
6. Start pulling down your petals and shape your flower.
7. Tape it to the straw and enjoy in your favorite drink.
Join me each week on “We Are That Familia.” I am ecstatic to be sharing with you here on Babble.com as their newest Lifestyle Latina contributor on all things “Family” from recipes, crafts, inspirational (and not so inspirational) stories, and life as we know it. You can catch up on our merrymaking over at Inspiredbyfamilymag.com , on Facebook, on Pinterest.