Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos) is almost here! Have you put your look together yet? No? Good thing I put together a little Day of the Dead guide for you! I gathered my favorite hair, makeup, and fashion tips — all with the help of my very talented and creative friends.
So, while you’re in the middle of preparing your altars, making your sugar skulls, or baking your pan de muerto, you can check out my guide to help you get the look!
Celebrity hair stylist Leonardo Rocco and Suave sent me three exclusive hair styles that will be perfect for Dia de los Muertos. Rocco is one of the most in demand hair artists and celebrity stylists in the industry. And, of course, we need a few (awesome) face painting tutorials for everyone — men and kids included. I also added a little bit of fashion! Enjoy!
Here’s your Day of the Dead guide…
Day of the Dead Hair Style #1
Celebrity stylist Leonardo Rocco has come up with exclusive hairstyles perfect for Day of the Dead! Here are his tips on how you can get gorgeous beach waves and this haunting hairstyle above!
- Once you wash your hair, apply a bit of Suave Professionals® Keratin Infusion Smooth and Shine Serum to add shine and softness to the hair and fight humidity to prevent frizz.
- Blow dry your hair with a round barrel brush. The best way to do it is dividing it in small pieces.
- Choose a curler with a diameter bigger than 2 inches; curl the hair from the middle to the ends.
- Apply a few pumps of the Suave Professionals® Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil and run your fingers through your hair to open up the waves.
- Lastly, use a bit of Suave Professionals® Touchable Finish Extra Hold Hairspray to hold the waves longer. Pin a flower on the side, and you’re ready for your party!
Image courtesy of Suave
Read more of Monique’s writing on her personal blog Curves and Chaos.
And don’t miss a post! Follow Monique on Twitter and Facebook!