Get The Look: Red Carpet Beauty from the People's Choice AwardsMonique Frausto
It’s official, the People’s Choice Awards have kicked off awards season! From here on out, all you’re going to hear about is celebrities hitting the red carpet. I thought I’d do you a favor and start you off with a little something in the beauty department. I got the inside scoop on how Jessica Alba, Queen Latifah, Kat Dennings, Beth Behrs, and Drew Barrymore got their red carpet beauty looks. Take a look inside as their makeup artists share what products they used to get these starlets Hollywood glam!
Jessica Alba 1 of 10
Jessica Alba stunned us in a white form fitting Jason Wu gown at the People's Choice Awards, but it was her "flawless face and defined eyes" by makeup artist Monika Blunder that caught my attention. It goes to prove that a natural look like can be very glam!
Photo courtesy of Lancome
How to Get Jessica’s Look 2 of 10
Makeup artist Monika Blunder was inspired by the makeup from Jason Wu's Spring 2014 runway show, according to Lancome. Blunder added a beautiful soft and pearlesque shadow with a hint of glitter to Jessica's eyes. Here are the other products she used to achieve her red carpet look.
- Lancome Teint Visionnaire ($68)
- Urban Decay Naked Flushed ($30)
- Lancome Blush Subtil Palette in Menage A Trois Glow ($42)
- LancÃ´me Color Design Eye Brightening All-in-One 5 Shadow & Liner Palette in Taupe Craze ($50)
- LancÃ´me Artliner 24H in Black Diamonds ($30.50)
- LancÃ´me Definicils Mascara in Black ($27.50)
Product images courtesy of Lancome
Queen Latifah 3 of 10
All hail the queen! Yes, I had to go there. I adored Queen Latifah's look head to toe. Especially that blunt bob she's rocking! But it was her makeup by makeup artist and COVERGIRL ambassador Sam Fine that I loved.
He admitted that the minute Queen saw the LBD she would wearing she made a request. "Latifah immediately requested a simple eye, glowing skin, and a striking lip instead of our favorite smokey eye/pale lip combination. So, when the Queen makes a request… I aim to please!" said Fine.
Photo courtesy of P&G
How to Get Queen’s Look 4 of 10
Here's the step-by-step look on how you can achieve Queen Latifah's red carpet look at the People's Choice Awards—directly from makeup artist Sam Fine!
"Every look begins with great skin - beautiful coverage and a gorgeous glow!"
- I always begin using truBLEND Fixstick concealer ($7.99) one shade lighter than her complexion.
- It's perfect to highlight the under eye area, the bridge of the nose and chin (areas where the light naturally hits the face).
- After, I use a synthetic foundation brush to gently apply truBLEND Liquid Makeup ($9.99) to unify varied tones.
- I used Queen Collection Lasting Matte Pressed Powder ($7.49) to set underneath the eyes and the center of the face, then applied my favorite bronzer, Queen Collection Natural Hue Bronzer ($7.49), near the outer perimeter of the face for glowing results.
- Tip: I often use two shades of bronzer one that matches her skin tone, which takes the place of blush, and a deeper shade to contour and warm her complexion.
"A simple, clean eye doesn't mean that I don't use eye shadow; it means I used natural looking shades to enhance the shape of her almond eyes."
- Using a large brush, I swept the eye with Queen Collection Eyeshadow Pot in Dazzle ($4.99) to add warmth, richness and a touch of shimmer to the eye area.
- Then, I applied Vivid Impact Eyeliner in Midnight ($8.99) closest to the lashline, extending it at the outer corner to lift the eye.
- Lastly, I applied individual lashes and few coats of Bombshell Volume Mascara in Very Black ($11.99) for volume and intensity.
"Now, the fun part… a dramatic lip!"
- I always begin with liner to shape the lip and insure a long lasting finish throughout the night.
- I applied LipPerfection Lipliner in Beloved ($6.99). Using a lip brush for added precision, I applied Queen Collection Lip Color in Burgendelicious ($7.49) for an effortless, yet glamorous finish!
Kat Denning 5 of 10
Kat Dennings is not only one of the stars from 2 Broke Girls, but she was also a co-host of the People's Choice Awards. Avon Global Celebrity Makeup Artist Lauren Anderse gave Kat an elegant, yet bombshell look for the red carpet. I personally loved her black and red floral strapless gown. Although some fashion critics may disagree.
Photo courtesy of Avon
How to Get Kat’s Look 6 of 10
Avon Global Celebrity Makeup Artist Lauren Andersen created Kat's look that was all about lashes and lips. Very nice! She gave her bold berry lips that complemented her dress. Here's how to get the look:
- First, Lauren groomed Kat's brows with Votre Vu Brow Wax ($24).
- Next, she used Avon SuperShock Gel Eyeliner ($8) in Blackout across the lash line.
- For mega lashes, Lauren applied Ardell Fashion Lashes 122 and then painted on Avon Mega Effects Mascara ($10).
- Lauren gave Kat's cheeks a fresh ginger glow by applying Avon Ideal Luminous Blush in Coral Radiance ($8) to the apples.
- To top off the look and make a big bold beauty statement, Lauren used Avon Ultra Color Absolute Lipstick ($8) in Radiant Raisin on Kat's lips.
Product images courtesy of Avon
Beth Behrs 7 of 10
Beth Behrs is not only the other star of 2 Broke Girls, but she's also the other half of the People's Choice Awards hosting team. mark Celebrity Makeup Artist Jamie Greenberg created a sultry beauty look for Beth as she glowed in white on the red carpet.
Photo courtesy of Avon
How to Get Beth’s Look 8 of 10
mark Celebrity Makeup Artist Jamie Greenberg shared all the details. Here's how to get Beth Behrs' sexy look:
- Prep the face with Laura Mercier Hydrating Foundation Primer ($32) and then apply mark's Got The Goods Multi-Benefit Foundation Lotion SPF 15 ($18) all over.
- Apply mark's Super Conceal Full Coverage Concealer ($10) under the eyes, then sweep mark's Touch and Glow Shimmer Cream Cubes ($16) across cheekbones.
- Next, apply mark's Please Hold Eye Primer ($9) all over the eye lid and apply mark's On The Dot Smokey Color Compact ($16) in navy (bottom right shade) to the outer corners of the eye.
- Line the top lash line with Avon's SuperShock Gel Eye Liner Pencil ($8) in Blackout and the bottom lash line with mark's No Place To Run Longwear Eyeliner ($9) in Jet Set.
- Finish the eyes with three layers of Ardell Natural Individual Lashes and two coats of bareMineral Flawless Definition Waterproof Mascara ($18).
- Complete the look with mark's Lipclick Full Color Lipstick ($11) in Coral Fixation.
Product images courtesy of Avon
Drew Barrymore 9 of 10
First, let me say how much of a Drew Barrymore fan I am! I was so happy to see her radiant beauty on that stage. While she was presenting a People's Choice Award to her friend and co-star Adam Sandler, I immediately noticed her lip color. I knew she was wearing one of my favorite shades of lipstick—Get to the Poinsettia!
Flower Beauty, which also happens to be Drew's own brand of beauty products, makes the most incredible vibrant color. So in order to confirm, I tweeted them. I love being right! You can view Drew's entire beauty look here.
How to Get Drew’s Look 10 of 10
Makeup artist Jo Strettell used Flower Beauty on Drew Barrymore at the People's Choice Awards. Here are some of the products that were used to achieve Drew's red carpet look.
- FLOWER Line & Shine Lip Liner in Cherry Red ($6.98)
- FLOWER Kiss Stick Velvet Lip Color in Get to the Poinsettia ($6.98)