This is food art to the max! If you don’t believe me try using those edible markers to draw something simple like a flower and then you’ll realize what I’m talking about. This is from the ever so popular The Decorated Cookie.
With Presidents’ Day around the corner here’s presidential portraits food art and fun facts!
Can you name all the presidents? Here’s an easy one for you: Which is the wrong portrait of the president in the picture below?
Ooops, wrong Grover!
And here’s a little fun fact: Stephen Grover Cleveland was the 22nd and 24th President of the United States. He’s the only president to serve two non-consecutive terms. For more fun facts about the presidents check out my Presidential Family Dinner Fun Facts printable. My boys are really into riddles and fun facts so we are enjoying learning about the first president who used the toilet in the White House.
Show this image to your children and see who can name all the presidents.
I wish I could tell you I knew all of these by heart but I didn’t I had to go searching for all of the dates and most of the presidents at About.com.
- George Washington (1789-1797)
- John Adams (1797-1801)
- Thomas Jefferson (1801-1809)
- James Madison (1809-1817)
- James Monroe (1817-1825)
- John Quincy Adams (1825-1829)
- Andrew Jackson (1829-1837)
- Martin Van Buren (1837-1841)
- William H. Harrison (1841)
- John Tyler (1841-1845)
- James K. Polk (1841-1849)
- Zachary Taylor (1849-1850)
- Millard Fillmore (1850-1853)
- Franklin Pierce (1853-1857)
- James Buchanan (1857-1861)
- Abraham Lincoln (1861-1865)
- Andrew Johnson (1865-1869)
- Ulysses S. Grant (1869-1877)
- Rutherford B. Hayes (1877-1881)
- James A. Garfield (1881)
- Chester A. Arthur (1881-1885)
- Grover Cleveland (1885-1889)
- Benjamin Harrison (1889-1893)
- Grover Cleveland (1893-1897)
- William McKinley (1897-1901)
- Theodore Roosevelt (1901-1909)
- William H. Taft (1909-1913)
- Woodrow Wilson (1913-1921)
- Warren G. Harding (1921-1923)
- Calvin Coolidge (1923-1929)
- Herbert Hoover (1929-1933)
- Franklin D. Roosevelt (1933-1945)
- Harry S. Truman (1945-1953)
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1953-1961)
- John F. Kennedy (1961-1963)
- Lyndon B. Johnson (1963-1969)
- Richard M. Nixon (1969-1974)
- Gerald R. Ford (1974-1977)
- Jimmy Carter (1977-1981)
- Ronald Reagan (1981-1989)
- George H. W. Bush (1989-1993)
- Bill Clinton (1993-2001)
- George W. Bush (2001-2009)
- Barack Hussein Obama (2009-Present)