I love to make handmade gifts. I usually try to make handmade gifts that are practical and personalized but I don’t always have the time to make them myself. Handmade is wonderful whether you make it yourself or someone else does.
Here are 6 reasons why you should give handmade gifts:
1. Your time is valuable and others value the time that was put into something. In my opinion, our time is priceless.
2. Unique. You can personalize a handmade gift to meet the needs of a person. For example, my husband just made marshmallow shooters for my boys for one for their stocking stuffer gifts and he was able to make each one very different to fit the strength and size of each child.
3. It beats going out in this awful holiday traffic.
4. You can personalize them and add initials and what not.
5. They can be more cost effective.
6. You get to share your talents with others. Don’t be shy if you like making wood carved items then make one or two to give away this Christmas. I use to make handmade cards box sets and give those away. I loved making them and usually I got lots of compliments on them so I decided a box set as a gift was perfect. I definitely wouldn’t enjoy selling them but giving them away to a loved one or close friend is special.