When it comes to inspiring the imagination, Disney is the master. They’ve got it down to a science to the extent that their make-believe is the be-all, end-all for countless little girls. They try to realize themselves as Disney princess and recreate in their own lives what they see drawn on the big screen.
Helsinki-based multifaceted designer Jirka Väätäinen first started imagining the Disney girls in real life a few years ago (as seen here on Babble) through digital compositing, photomanipulation and digital painting — and the popularity of his creations inspired him to make even more renderings.
The images have a way or putting a little reality into the fantasy — basically, just enough to give you a glimpse of what they’d look like if they were really real, but not enough to spoil the fairy-tale magic.
Take a look at some of Väätäinen’s fanastical, more recent Disney “real life” girls creations:
All images used with permission from Jirka Väätäinen
More from Meredith on Babble:
- ‘My Baby, Not My Child’: Brave Woman Documents Giving Up Her Infant for Adoption (PHOTOS)
- ‘Up’ Fan Art Further Illustrates the Sweetness of a Poignant Story (PHOTOS)
- It Was Only a Matter of Time: Meet Hipster Mickey Mouse (PHOTOS)
- Bunny Babes! 15 Toddlers Who are All Ready for Easter
- ‘Flying Henry’ Magically Lands in Bookstores (PHOTOS)
- No Bunny Does Easter Like These 10 Awkward Easter Bunnies
- 10 Ways to Tell Your Second Child Apart from Your First
- Your Bad-Hair Day Just Got Better: 10 Hilariously Awkward Hairdos That, Thankfully, Aren’t Yours
- 10 Things Never to do With or Near a Toddler