My 4-year-old is starting to catch on to the fact that life isn’t always fair. She would like a TV in her room. She would like a cupcake for breakfast. She would like a credit card to pay for the crappy plastic ring displayed at the checkout counter at the corner store.
She can’t have any of those things.
But I can.
Here are 10 things I totally wanted as a kid that I actually make mental notes to appreciate now that I’m all grown up:
Photo credits: iStockphoto
More from Meredith on Babble:
- 15 Hilarious Photos of a Grown Man Re-enacting Snapshots of Friends’ Babies
- 20 Dazzling Drag-Queen Portraits Showcase Intriguing Alter-Egos
- 7 Ways a Toddler is Exactly Like Your Annoying Co-Worker
- 11 Reasons Why Being a Toddler Rules
- Brave Photographer Has Lens Turned on Her as Strangers Gawk at her Weight (PHOTOS)
- The Battle They Didn’t Choose: A Husband Poignantly Documents His Wife’s Breast Cancer Fight (PHOTOS)
- 10 Things That are ONLY Funny to Toddlers
- The Mommy Tax: 7 Penalties Paid by Parents on April 15 (As Well as Every Other Day)
- 20 Whimsical Photos Capture the Darling Bond Between a Little Girl and Her Cat