Jerrod Maruyama is unabashedly pushing the boundaries of cuteness.
If you thought hipsters are more chic than cuddly, you have to check out his Hipster Mickey Mouse.
The Sacramento-based freelance illustrator and former Disney artist specializes in character design, and his take on all things Disney will make you want to crawl inside his images and snuggle up to some of the most iconic fictitious characters to ever hit fairytale books and the big screen. He has a particular knack for kawaii, which is “the quality of cuteness in the context of Japanese culture” — giving many of his illustrations an Eastern feel.
Here are some highlights of Maruyama’s eminently lovable Disney interpretations:
All images used with permission from Jerrod Maruyama
More from Meredith on Babble:
- ‘My Baby, Not My Child’: Brave Woman Documents Giving Up Her Infant for Adoption (PHOTOS)
- ‘Up’ Fan Art Further Illustrates the Sweetness of a Poignant Story (PHOTOS)
- Bunny Babes! 15 Toddlers Who are All Ready for Easter
- ‘Flying Henry’ Magically Lands in Bookstores (PHOTOS)
- No Bunny Does Easter Like These 10 Awkward Easter Bunnies
- 10 Ways to Tell Your Second Child Apart from Your First
- Your Bad-Hair Day Just Got Better: 10 Hilariously Awkward Hairdos That, Thankfully, Aren’t Yours
- 10 Things Never to do With or Near a Toddler
- 10 ‘Real Life’ Disney Princesses Deliver a Lovely Reality Without Spoiling the Fantasy