It just wouldn’t be Christmas if a child on Santa’s lap didn’t start weeping or screaming out of terror or some kind of long-lasting trauma. Or if Santa didn’t look utterly bored, drunk and otherwise mildly inappropriate.
This Christmastime is no exception.
We asked Babble readers to share photos of their unhappy children with Santa Claus, and, boy, did they ever deliver. Here are some of our favorites. Merry Christmas:
More from Meredith on Babble’s Mom blog:
- Naughty, Naughty Elves: 10 Elf-Shaming Photos That Will Put Your Kids on the ‘Nice List’ by Default
- 25 Ways Not to Celebrate Hanukkah, According to Etsy
- Santa Came Early This Year: 10 Hilariously Awkward Family Christmas Photos
- Pinterest Anonymous: 10 Super-Obsessive Pinterest Trends that Indicate You May Have a Problem
- Yes, Please: Vintage Magazine Offers ‘Lessons in Manners for Children’ with Unintentional Hilarity (PHOTOS)
- ‘What if Wonder Woman Was a Disney Princess?” and 19 Other Classic Characters Creatively Reimagined
- ‘NYChildren’ Showcases Stunning Portraits of Kids from 169 Countries — All Photographed in New York City (PHOTOS)
- 15 Vintage Ads Show Santa Claus Smoking Like a Chimney Instead of Climbing Down One (PHOTOS)