25 Japanese Schoolgirls Posing Identically with Fruit Highlight Their Delicious DifferencesMeredith Carroll
Close to 1,000 little girls who are around the same age, dressed identically, and all posed with a piece of fruit under their chins would seemingly look alike. And yet Osamu Yokonami shows us just how different they are.
The Japanese advertising and fashion photographer’s project, which is now 900-portraits strong (and that we first saw on Feature Shoot), aims to magnify the unique traits of each darling little girl exactly by making them look as alike as possible — so that their differences are even more stark. From their facial features and expressions, hair cut and length, build, posture, and arm position — they couldn’t be more distinctive.
Here’s a sampling of just how disparate you can get when you start out all the same:[collection type=’slideshow’ style=’classic’]
All photos used with permission from Osamu Yokonami
More from Meredith on Babble:
- Photographer Shines a Spotlight on Freckle-speckled Faces in a Lovely Portrait Series (PHOTOS)
- Ha! Guys with Fancy Lady Hair are Fierce, Fabulous and Only a Wee Bit Feminine (PHOTOS)
- 10 Reasons Why Being a Mom is the Worst
- Sibling Similarities are Cleverly Featured in Photographer’s ‘Base Pairs’ Portrait Series
- Warning: Strong Babies Ahead. Proceed with Caution! (PHOTOS)
- 10 Comically Serious Reasons Why Kindergarten is Harder on Moms Than Kids