Survey respondents were asked to choose whether they’d give up sex or their favorite food for a year. Thirty-nine percent of single women chose to give up sex in favor of their favorite food compared to 16 percent of single men. For those in committed relationships, 28 percent revealed they’d choose good eats over good sex.
So what’s worth noshing over sex? Top food choices included chocolate (26 percent) and steak (25 percent), with pizza, baked yummies, ice cream, chips, lobster, and Italian foods as popular sex substitutions as well. Mmm carbs … And then there were those who chose Caprese salad, sushi, gummy candies, fresh fruit and pancakes over sex. Fruit? Over an orgasm? I must be shopping in the wrong produce department.
Other survey foodie findings include:
• 70% of single women considered a date who drank more than they did to be a huge turn-off. Additionally, 23% were turned-off by a date who didn’t drink at all.
• 56% of survey respondents reported liking when a date offered a bite of their food. I suppose it’s nice to offer but I’m not a food sharer. My plate; my food. Now, can I have a fry?
• Nearly 19% said they’d put the brakes on a budding relationship with someone who refused to cook or couldn’t cook. No fair, I call culinary discrimination.
• Over 90% of single men surveyed think a nice dinner is the perfect setting for first and second dates. We agree.
• Picky eaters beware, 66% of singles were turned off by a date unwilling to try certain foods and 56% loathed picky orderers; hrmph.
What are your thoughts on the food and sex survey?
More on Strollerderby: