5 Great & Cheap Date Night Ideas for Exhausted Parentscarolyncastiglia
YourTango has some great ideas about how parents can put some spark back into their romantic relationship without breaking the bank. Here are the 5 I like best:
1. The daytime date “night.” Since parents are often so tired from dinnertime on, why not go on a Saturday afternoon date when the sun is shining? Just get a sitter and walk around the city or go to a natural area near you, sip coffees and enjoy each other’s company.
2. Get nostalgic. YourTango suggests you “Do something together that you enjoyed doing when you first met. It could be bowling, seeing a play or going to hear your favorite group. Doing an activity that’s a “blast from the past” can help you reconnect.”
3. Role reversal. Instead of going out, send the kids out with a sitter or a friend and stay in! You know what we mean.
4. Book a cheap motel room. If you can’t afford an overnight, get one that you can pay for by the hour. (Kind of exciting, no?) YourTango says, “Take a picnic basket with chilled champagne, fruit, a cheese plate and some fancy chocolate. Bring some scented massage oil and use your imagination!”
5. Set up a babysitting cooperative. This makes going out with your significant other more affordable. You take a friend’s kids on Friday, they take your kids on Saturday – voila! Both couples now have a weekly date night available without the cost of babysitting.
For more date night ideas for exhausted parents on a budget, visit YourTango.