90 Twitter Moms You Should Be FollowingSierra Black
Looking for more fun, wise, silly, playful and practical moms to follow on Twitter? Not only has Babble just published our Top 50 Twitter Moms list, Momotics has a list of 30 moms they’d like to see become Twitterati.
Babble’s list will let you peek into the parenting lives of moms who are already famous. Want to know what Britney Spears sings to her kids? What Alyson Hannigan thinks is funny? How Cindy Crawford does it all? This is the Twitter list for you.
Momotics list of moms who should be celebrities features fewer household names but plenty of humor, heart and good reading. Annie (@phdinparenting), Amy (@crunchygoddess), and Gina (@feministbreeder) may not be A-list celebrities, but they’re smart, savvy writers who should be getting even more love and attention than they already do.
Between the two, these lists give you 80 new voices to add to your Twitter stream.
Of course, no list is complete, and awesome as both of these are they missed most of the names on my “must read” Twitter list. Here are my 10 favorite Twitter moms:
- @herbadmother: Catherine writes the blog Her Bad Mother. Following her on Twitter is like being at an all-day-long gabfest with your best friend. She’s funny, smart, edgy, and honest. Just don’t read her tweets with liquid in your mouth.
- @dooce: Ditto everything I said above, plus AWESOME photography. Dooce is the grandmammy of mommybloggers, and should be on every must-follow list.
- @mominatrix: Everything you ever wanted to know about sex as a parent, but were too tired to ask.
- @Mom101: Not only is Mom101 hilarious and influential, she’s extremely warm. A great Twitter buddy.
- @PunditMom: Joanne mixes up parenting with politics, keeping you abreast of what’s happening in Washington and how it affects your family.
- @Sundry: Just go follow her. You won’t be sorry. Fierce, funny, fun. She’s unforgettable.
- @Chookooloonks: She’s just as awesome on Twitter as she is on Momversation.
- @FreeRangeKids: Lenore posts links, rants and tidbits for parents who are trying to let their kids roam a little freer. Great stuff.
- @alittlepregnant: If you’ve every struggled with infertility, you need to be reading this blog.
- @CecilyK: Cecily is awesome, interesting and honest. Like her blog, Uppercase Woman, her twitter stream is fiesty and not always safe for work, but always worth reading.
- A bonus: @sierrablack: That would be me. I’m not going to claim my tweets are must-reads, but if you want to keep up with what I’m writing or be informed when my kids try to sneak out dressed as pantsless superheroes, now you know where to find me.
One of the things I love most about Twitter is the conversations that go on between communities of moms. It’s not just that Catherine is funny; it’s the conversations between her and Liz and Annie and others that keep me laughing, crying and continuously inspired in my writing.
Who are your must-follow moms on Twitter?
Photo: steve garfield