Holy crap. Get ready to clutch yourself.
15 pounds, 7 ounces! That’s twice the size of the average baby. His mom, Jade, says he went straight into six month sized clothes.
I’m not sure if watching the video of baby George is advisable to those of you who are currently expecting because OH MY gosh I cannot fathom attempting to push this child from my body.
That’s right, ladies and gentleman. George was born naturally. Because no one knew George would be so big doctors had a tough time delivering him. They didn’t realize his size until his head was out. Then, his shoulders got stuck… Obviously. Only one baby born naturally in the UK weighs more than George and only by an ounce.
According to the BBC, it was touch and go for a while. He went without oxygen for five minutes and doctors gave him a small chance of survival. But George pulled through like a champ. He’s now home with mom who says he may have some learning disabilities because of going without oxygen for so long but otherwise everything looks good. Doctors are still trying to figure out why George is so big.
Check out the big boy and his mum as she explains his birth in the video below!
You can also find Monica on her personal blog, The Girl Who.
Read more from Monica on Babble:
- In Celebration of a Scar: 25 Amazing Mastectomy Tattoos
- In The Name of Beauty: Bizarre Vintage Products That Will Blow Your Mind
- In Defense of Marriage for Everyone: Funny Signs Quotes and Cartoons
- All About Eve, Evie, Evan and Evangeline: 15 Most Versatile Names for Girls
- Ear Worm: Top 15 Songs Stuck In Parents’ Heads