Boston Cop's Good Deed For Family During City's Lockdown Goes Viral (PHOTO)Monica Bielanko
We’ve all seen a lot of photos connected with last week’s horrific Boston bombing. Probably more than we need to see. Explosions, devastation, police officers with guns drawn… But one photo of a police officer that’s gone viral is worth seeing.
According to Yahoo, during the intense manhunt for the second suspect, Dzhokhtar Tsarnaev, when the city of Boston was on lockdown, a Brookline police officer delivered milk to a family with a baby.
The photo was snapped by dad, Kevin Wells, as officer John Bradley arrived with milk for his 17-month-old son.
“It just meant the world that he literally went out and got two gallons of milk,” McKenzie Wells, the boy’s mother, told Today.com. “We wanted to pay him, but he wouldn’t take money from us. He was just so generous.”
Wells posted the photo on Facebook joking “This is our new milkman” to let friends and family know about the good deed. The photo was reposted on the wildly popular social and news-sharing site, Reddit, and the rest is history.
Nice one, officer Bradley.
Read more from Monica on Babble:
- Bodies of Subversion: A Secret History of Women and Tattoo (PHOTOS)
- The 20 Worst Parenting Overshares on Facebook
- 20 Creative, Amazing and Crazy Duct Tape Prom Dresses (And Suits!)
- 10 Hilarious Comics About The Internet That Are LOL Funny
- Dolls For Downs: Mom Launches Line of Dolls For Children With Down Syndrome