The new Monopoly token debuts today — and it’s a cat.
Hasbro held a worldwide vote for a new token, and the cat won, beating out a guitar, robot, helicopter, and diamond ring.
“We know that cat lovers around the world will be happy to welcome the new cat token into the Monopoly game,” said Hasbro Gaming’s Eric Nyman said at the time. “While we’re a bit sad to see the iron go, the cat token is a fantastic choice by the fans and we have no doubt it will become just as iconic as the original tokens.”
Yup. After a nearly 80-year run, the iron has officially been retired. Good riddance, I say. Nobody ever wanted to be the boring old iron.
Do you fight over Monopoly tokens whenever you play the game? Which is your favorite?
Image source: Facebook.com/Monopoly
Read more from Monica on Babble:
- Good Old Lady and Bad Old Lady: Top 20 Best & Worst Old Lady Names
- Stunning Breastfeeding Battle Between Mom & Rec Center Employee Caught On Tape
- I’m Not A Melon! 15 Tips to Keep Hands Off Your Pregnant Belly
- That Was Fast: Why I Feel Cheated By My Pregnant Wife
- Why I’m Choosing Homebirth After Two Easy Hospital Births