If you are a parent, you presumably know from the emotional — and financial — pain of a child deliberately drawing on an item of clothing. Whether it’s a toddler taking a magic marker to her shirt or a preschooler painting his pants, it’s a special kind of hurt that instantly has you conjuring the image of the credit card receipt in your head as you chalk up yet another item of clothing into the “ruined beyond recognition” pile.
So just imagine that there exists a real, functional clothing item that’s actually meant for your budding Picasso to design their next masterpiece.
Meet Monkies shoes.
According to the site:
The Monkies Shoes come with 7 magic pens featuring bright vivid colors and a magic sponge. Kids can draw and color all over the shoe. GO PLAY UNDER THE RAIN – thanks to its waterproof technology, designs are safe! Even under the rain. At the end, simply wipe off with a sponge, even kids can do it.
Using a whiteboard outer coating, kids are able to use the special markers that come with the shoes to decorate them however they choose. The sneakers aren’t available yet — a Kickstarter campaign is underway to try and get the funding so the people who need to shoes the most can actually buy them in stores. Namely: parents who are annoyed that their kids treat their clothes like the blank page in a book.
Which means that all of us parents have a duty to make these sneakers a reality on store shelves everywhere. Unless you enjoy when your kids ruin a perfectly good clothing item that wasn’t meant to be drawn on?
Nice to meet you, Monkies. Where have you been all of our (children’s) lives?
Photo credit: Monkies Shoes
More from Meredith on Babble:
- Soulumination Documents the Priceless Yet Fleeting Joy of Families with Terminally Ill Children (PHOTOS)
- Hilarious! Museum of Bad Art Gives Your Kid’s Artwork a Run for Its (Ugly) Money (PHOTOS)
- 10 Photos of Kids Whose Parents are Obviously Doing at Least 1 Thing Right
- When Dad Doesn’t Know Best: 10 Hilariously Awkward Father’s Day Photos
- 12 Pieces of Graduation Advice to Guide Kids Through It All
- Artist Merrily Morphs Her Dad Into the Superhero She’s Always Believed Him to Be (PHOTOS)
- Breast Milk-Flavored Lollipops Plus 9 Other ‘Treats’ That are All Sorts of Wrong
- 10 Things Happy Moms Do Differently