Are you pooped from running around stores on Black Friday? Do you want to avoid holiday shoppers? Cyber Monday is a day to sit at your computer and shop! This day was created in 2005 by Shop.org, a division of National Retail Federation.
To help you prepare and get the best deals, here are a few tips to follow:
2. Keep on the lookout for in-store deals online. Bookmark and keep track of the best bargains. CyberMonday.com, a Web site affiliated with the National Retail Federation, features a rundown of online deals for the holiday season. Also Cyber Monday Central is a site that posts upcoming holiday sales. Also subscribe to daily email alerts.
3. Update security. This is a must if you want to protect yourself online. Update your firewall, anti-spyware and anti-virus software. Don’t send financial information such as Social Security numbers, bank account information or credit card details by email.
4. Compare prices. If you’re buying from an auction site, make sure you’re not paying too much for the item. For new items, you need to check prices too.
6. Watch for copycat sites. There are going to be scam artists out there. Make sure the logos are legit and not made to resemble big names. Make sure there is an address and telephone number to reach the company. Sites like Stay Safe Online and On Guard Online
give information on cyber security.
7. Take advantage of free shipping day. This year it is December 17. Participating merchants will offer free shipping with delivery by Christmas Eve. To find out which companies are taking part visit Free Shipping Day.