When you think Halloween, you usually think orange and black, but this year, you might consider adding some green to the mix.
No, I’m not talking about dressing up as Frankenstein, but being green — as in environmentally friendly.
The Environmental Working Group (EWG) has some handy tips for how to have a Green Halloween including the following:
1. Instead of buying a costume, make your own or considered a borrowed costume. Why not throw (or attend) a costume swap?
2. Avoid face paint, nail polish, and hair spray which often contain toxic chemicals.
3. Use natural decorations (such as pumpkins) or buy decorations you can re-use year after year.
4. Hand out organic treats such as Annie’s Organic Bunny Fruit Snacks.
5. Stay away from synthetic masks and teeth which may contain toxic materials.
Can you think of any other ways to have a green Halloween?