Usually these kind of pranks are pulled by inconsiderate and immature teens, but adults can be just as cruel as the meanest of school bullies. This sad fact was proved yet again by a parent chaperone on a school trip, when he tricked two students into eating moose poop. What happened?
According to CBC News, students from Grand Marais, Manitoba went on a field trip to the great outdoors. The trip went terribly wrong when two of the students were given moose poop to eat, but were told the pellets were actually chocolate-covered almonds.
“He dug into a bag and popped one in his mouth. As soon as it hit his mouth somebody tells him, ‘You just ate moose sh#t’ and the whole group of people started laughing at him,” said the mother of one of the students who was tricked. The idiot prankster was one of the parent chaperones, and allegedly the principal and another school staffer were on hand but didn’t come to the child’s aid. “Who is he going to go talk to? The counselor was in on the joke and so was the principal. They were the bullies, so who would he talk to in hopes that something would be done?” the mom added.
The other victim was a 13-year-old girl who didn’t see what had happened to her classmate. She too was tricked into eating the moose dropping, where, reportedly, the moose dropping got stuck in her braces and she was “humiliated.”
“There’s certainly an expectation that they will protect our children and this, this didn’t need to go as far as it did. And the staff should have intervened in a timely fashion,” a school superintendent said.
The school staff have since been disciplined for not coming to the aid off the children right away. Do you think the school staff – who were entrusted with protecting the children – should face steeper consequences such as losing their jobs, for not doing their jobs?